Members of Te Rūnanga o Makaawhio are hereby advised that Nomination and Applications for the Makaawhio Alternate Representative to Te Rūnanga o Ngāi Tahu (MTRONT Alternate Rep) are open.
Nominations and Applications must be in writing and meet the criteria identified in the Makaawhio Electoral Process, and must be received by 4pm Monday 31st July 2017.
The Te Rūnanga o Makaawhio Inc Electoral Process requires that members wishing to apply for the MTRONT Alternate Rep position meet fully the following criteria and nomination process requirements which follow:
- Nominee and Applicant criteria
Applicants for the position must:
- Be registered Te Rūnanga o Makaawhio Inc members
- Have demonstrated active participation in the Rūnanga
- Have shown long and continuous service in the interests of the Rūnanga. Additional Nominee/Applicant Considerations
- Applicants for the position must:
- Be available to attend at least 5 TRONT hui per annum
- Be available to be a member of and attend Hui Rūnanganui (Executive Meetings) 2. Nomination process Applications should include the following;
- 3. Application process
- In order to apply for the position, applicants must be nominated by two (2) registered Te Rūnanga o Makaawhio Inc and agree in writing to accept the nomination. To assist with this process a form may be obtained from the Makaawhio Rūnanga office.
- Nomination Form
- Covering letter noting how you have demonstrated active participation and shown a long and continuous service in the interests of the rūnanga and include in 400 words or less what motivated you to apply and what contribution you believe you can make if appointed.
NB: The Makaawhio Appointment Committee as part of their appointment process may require additional information.
- Deadline for Nomination and Application process (MTRONT Alternate Rep)
- MTRONT Alternate Rep-Application information may be posted or dropped off in a sealed envelope marked MTRONTAlternate Rep by 4.00pm of Monday 31st July 2017.
Contact details Te Rūnanga o Makaawhio, Postal: Po box 225, Hokitika 7842
Physical: 56 Brittan Street, Hokitika 7810. Phone: 03 755 7885